I've been grumpy lately. For no reason really since I am an incredibly fortunate person with so much to be thankful for. Fortunately Thanksgiving has come around at a good time and reminded me of that fact. So here are some of the many things I am thankful for this year.
- My family - The Gotham Gal, Jessica, Emily, and Josh (and Lucky)
- My parents who are alive and well, traveling around and living life to its fullest.
- My brothers and their families (yes D you are family)
- The Gotham Gal's family even though they are enjoying a warm and sunny thanksgiving in southern california while we watch it pour here in long island
- Our friends and their families, some of whom we'll eat thanksgiving dinner with today
- My two businesses, Flatiron and Union Square, and my partners in each of them, and all of the people who have worked in these businesses over the years.
- All of the entrepreneurs that I get to work with on a daily basis, particularly the ones whose businesses we've invested in. Having a front row seat to your roller coaster ride is the best job I could ever imagine.
- Claire McCaskill and Sherrod Brown, who came up winners this year and made us proud. And Jim Webb for wearing his son's combat boots and showing that being against the war in Iraq doesn't make you any less a patriot and a hero. And everyone who came out and voted this year and showed that democracy is alive and well in the United States.
- New York City for being the greatest place in the world to live, where kids who live in penthouses and projects can be best friends, where race,religion and sexual preferences are no big deal and people smashed together on subway trains figure out how to get along every day.
- The Internet for being "the new new thing" and continuing to play that role and getting better and better at it every day.
- For the musicians from Bob Dylan to Mike Skinner and everyone in between who provide the soundtrack to my life and the Internet music services like Rhapsody, Hypemachine, Last.fm, Streampad, Wolfgang's Vault, eMusic, iPod/iTunes, and many more that have made being a music fan easier and better than ever.
- For blogging and social networking which has made my life richer, made me so many new friends, and caused me to think and write like never before.
- For online video, from YouTube to Wallstrip, and everything in between for getting me to enjoy video entertainment again.
- For Guitar Hero II which we got this week and starting playing last night.
- For you, the people who read this blog, comment on it, link to it, and engage with me and my life every day. You have enriched my life and I truly appreciate it.
UPDATE: Charlie has posted his thanksgiving list (pretty similar to mine) and encouraged others to post others they come across (or post) to delicious with the thanksgivinglist tag. Cool idea Charlie.